Friday, August 17, 2012

Worst car buying experience at Mark Kia in Scottsdale, AZ

I bought a Kia Sorento two nights ago from Mark Kia and had the WORST EXPERIENCE in my life. Beware they are slippery, smooth-talking liars. 

You had better bring your accountant and lawyer with you to check the paperwork because these people are smooth-talking and by the time you get home it won't be what you expected. Be very careful that you understand 100% of the paperwork. Remember, NET trade-in is amount they are giving you for your car. If you have a amount to be paid off this needs to be subtracted from the NET amount to get the amount that will actually be applied towards your new car, not the NET amount. The way they use NET is backwards it seems to me. They seem to have Gross and Net mixed up. Also, if you trade in a vehicle (DON'T) they will give you an insulting amount for your car. For example, maybe 40 percent lower than what KBB says the TRADE-IN (not private sale) should be. I even used TrueCar.com to guarantee the price thinking
that would help. It would have if I didn't do the trade in. They were dazzled me with their non-intuitive lingo and tax return like financial paperwork. I can explain the financials in 10 lines, they take 3-4 pages of letter sized paper to describe it just so there is no way you can figure it out while you sit there signing paper after paper. After all this, I asked them to give me my trade-in back and they flat refused. They said they wanted me to be happy, but that is lie in my opinion. I asked them, if they would through in the extended warranty, but they wouldn't. They did take a $150 off though. The only problem is why in the world would I ever want to give them one more cent or ever see that dealership again. They are friendly as can be until they don't get their way. I can't stress enough, make sure you UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING. Come back the next day if you have to.

I am so embarrassed that I fell pray to their tactics. Why can't it be simple.
I guess I should have gone with the first person I met with. They at least seemed honest. Though who knows.

I had my good cry now.

1 comment:

jawon juju said...

I'm in the same boat as u are!
I however purchased a brand new Kia Optima fully loaded or so I thought. A week later just my luck I catch a flat...guess what no jack no spare...ugh I am livid!!! So I called them and asked where the F* is my stuff they flat out told me their cars don't come equipped with that. Ugh three weeks later I find out I can't even use my USB iPod or iPhone cables because they have their own special one I have to use 50 bucks extra...on a fully loaded Kia! Ugh I should of just kept my old car and laughed at them when they sayed 35 msp!
I too need to vent...
and yes the car salesman are slick slickest ones I've ever dealt with and this is my 3rd brand new car purchase. Never again!!!